Posting for Newly Appointed Officer Vacancies can be found on our Careers page under Current Officer Vacancies. These are the positions for part-time guard status officers. Each wing will post their own announcements on their homepage; Full-time positions will still be listed at the Joint Force Headquarters site. http://dmna.ny.gov/jobs/ Contact information for each position is listed on the announcement.
1. You must submit an application form AF Form 24. Click here for an online fillable form or here for a downloadable PDF. Be sure to save the editable form in case you need to make changes.
2. Review the privacy act statement regarding your application.
3. Include the ANG Officer Statement of Understanding.
4. Include a copy of official college transcripts.
5. We HIGHLY recommend including three letters of recommendation.
6. We HIGHLY recommend including a cover letter, addressed to the selecting official if possible.
7. Prior Service applicants need to submit a copy of their Record Review Rip and DD 214's.
8. Submit this package to the point of contact on the vacancy announcement. Make additional copies of your package to bring to the board interview.