How do I meet with an Air National Guard Recruiter?
If you are interested in joining a National Guard unit, contact the recruiting office at that specific unit.
To meet with a recruiter from the 109th Airlift Wing, contact the 109th recruiting office at 518-344-2454.
What are some of the benefits of joining the Air National Guard?
In addition to job an skills training in dozens of career fields, joining the Air National Guard offers the following benefits:
- Over $600 per month for college, depending on job choice
- Student loan repayment
- College accredited technical training
- Free retirement program
- Programs that offer college credits for passing examinations
- Free travel on military aircraft throughout the United States, Alaska, Puerto Rico & the Virgin Islands
- Reliable part-time income
- Discount shopping privileges in military department stores & supermarkets
- Enrollment in a free 2-year college degree program
- N.Y. State Tuition Assistance Program, an opportunity to attend state college at no cost
- Up to $400,000 in life insurance at low cost
- Participation in the post 9-11 GI Bill after 90+ days of active duty service.